- 9/20/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: Hurricane Ida, Congressman Bowman Forum, Funding Opportunities, Member Events and More
- 9/13/21: NPW News and Resources: Hurricane Ida, Affordable Housing Crisis, New Funding and More
- 9/7/21: Nonprofit News & Resources: New NPW Team Members; CE Latimer's News Conference, Hurricane Ida Statement and More
- 8/17/21: Nonprofit Resources: American Rescue Plan Advocacy, Excluded Workers Fund, Entrepreneurship Workshop, Call Center Training, Construction Career Fair, and More
- 8/3/21: Nonprofit Resources: Black Women’s Equal Pay Twitter Storm Today, Free ESOL/Citizen Classes, $3 Billion in Federal Funding
- 7/26/21: Nonprofit Resources: $3 Billion in Federal Funding; Airborne Infectious Disease Plan by 8/5; Job Fair with Cong. Bowman, Forum with Cong. Jones and More
- 6/29/21: Nonprofit Resources: Affordable Housing Crisis, Workforce Development Board Pledge, Rental Assistance
- 6/22/21: Nonprofit Resources: New Information, New Events, New Funding Opportunities
- 6/15/21: Nonprofit Resources - New Information, New Events, New Funding Opportunities
- 6/1/21: Nonprofit Resources - NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program - Applications accepted starting today and more
- 5/25/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 5/18/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 5/11/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 5/4/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 4/27/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 4/20/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 4/14/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: See What's Inside
- 4/6/21: Stand Against Racism; Coffee and Collab - Today at 9 AM; and More
- 3/30/21: COVID-19 Updates, Member Events
- 3/26/21: New Funding, Shine a Light on Your Nonprofit, Key Member Events
- 3/23/21: Submitting Federal Appropriations Requests, More on the Rescue Plan, Member Events
- 3/18/21: State Budget Update; What the American Rescue Plan Means for Westchester
- 3/16/21: Policy Update: Important Analysis of American Rescue Plan; Nonprofit Briefing with Majority Leader Schumer
- 3/11/21: Congress Passes Coronavirus Relief Bill; NYS Coronavirus Update; NYS Funding to Support Essential Workers and First Responders
- 3/9/21: Nonprofit News and Resources: Workforce Development – Greyston, WestCOP, WIHD; New Guidance for In-person Events and More
- 3/2/21: Nonprofit Resources: Center for Racial Equity Launches Workshops Today, Racial Equity and the Environment and More
- 2/23/21: Nonprofit Resources: Men’s Mental Health, Child Care Crisis, New COVID-19 Vaccination Locations, Countywide Events & Opportunities and More
- 2/17/21: Nonprofit Resources: Spectacular Hudson River Museum Exhibit Explores Immigration, New Funding, Events, COVID-19 Resources and More
- 2/9/21: Nonprofit Resources: Emotional Support During COVID: FSW & Project HOPE; COVID Resources and More
- 2/2/21: Nonprofit Resources: Mt. Vernon Neighborhood Health Center: Vaccine Locations in Underserved Communities, Funding, Events and More
- 1/26/21: Nonprofit Resources: Job Fair at Pace Law, Shout Outs, PPP Webinar this Friday, Events, Funding, Jobs and More
- 1/19/21: Nonprofit Resources: New NYS Reporting Requirements; Westchester RISES; Briefing with Majority Leader Schumer; Award Nominations and More
- 1/14/21:Legal Alert: Mandatory Vaccines, Stimulus Law: Resources for Nonprofits from Pro Bono Partnership
- 1/12/21:Nonprofit Resources: Vaccine Availability Update; COVID Relief Law, PPP; Free DACA Clinics; New Grants and More
- 1/7/21:Policy & Advocacy Alert & Update: COVID Relief Law Nonprofit Briefing, Support Paulin’s Bill, Right to Counsel
- 1/5/21:Nonprofit Resources: Nominate a Healthcare Hero, Member Events and Job Opportunities, Grants and More
- 12/29/20: Nonprofit Resources: Job Training; United Way & Impact100 Grants; Financial Opportunities
- 12/22/20: $900 Billion COVID Relief Deal Details & Learn What it Means to Westchester on January 7th with the NY Senate & Assembly Delegation from Westchester
- 12/22/20: COVID-19: NYS Vaccination Distribution Plan, Mandatory Vax Policies; Reopening Resources; Health Equity & Testing, Relief Bill Nonprofit Chart
Contact Your Representatives
NPW Advocacy Statement: Coronavirus
Nonprofits Are on the Frontlines of the Coronavirus Response in Westchester and Are in Every Community Ready to Serve
Everywhere in Westchester, nonprofits are already in place serving vital local needs. Now, during the coronavirus pandemic, our employees are continuing to serve the most vulnerable and are being called on to feed, house, and care for people impacted directly by COVID-19. This makes nonprofit first-responders vulnerable to potentially harmful conditions.
Nonprofits are our economy’s shock absorber when crisis hits, and the services and stability provided benefit all residents, regardless of age, race, religion and income level. Our innovation and expertise is needed now more than ever as we remain responsive to every-changing conditions.
When crisis strikes, demand and need for nonprofit services increase, yet funding often decreases.
Advocacy Position1. Enact a targeted, temporary tax/giving incentive that enables all residents, regardless of whether they claim itemize deductions, to receive a tax incentive for giving to the work of charitable nonprofits responding to, or suffering from, the coronavirus.
Nonprofits Are Significant Employers and Small Businesses
Nonprofit employers pay salaries, benefits and payroll taxes. This core economic fact has to be recognized. Many nonprofits are relatively small, are community based and serving local needs.
Advocacy Position1. Expressly apply any employment-focused relief or stimulus legislation to employment at tax-exempt organizations by making tax credits and deductions applicable not just to income taxes, but to the taxes nonprofit pay, such as unrelated business income taxes and payroll taxes.
Nonprofits Are Experiencing Declining Economic Activities
The community engagement and related services of many nonprofits that promote and serve a vibrant economy and jobs are declining. We are experiencing cancelled arts, after school and educational programming, cancelled and postponed fundraising events where many nonprofits earn significant mission dollars through attendance and sponsorships, and diminished attendance at cultural, religious, and community events. All of these activities are essential to a healthy economy and deserving of stimulus.
Advocacy Position1. Recognize the nonprofit sector in any economic stimulus proposals aimed at helping adversely affected industries and geographic areas.
NPW used this article as a resource